.

Friday, October 27, 2017

"To travel is to live!"

         


Here is the adventure of the Fido families quest to honor my grandmother Flo. One dreadful day my grandmother revealed her battle with cancer was becoming difficult to overcome. We knew Heaven was expecting her soon. I decided the hyperloop was going to be the way we were going to collect moments and memories. I set out to plan the most breath taking scenery she would ever see. I gathered the information from her favorite foods and things she liked to do.  The hyperloop would be our main transportation. My family was all on board with making my grandmothers last moment's unforgettable.
          Sushi is her all time favorite. Anything to do with Japan she loved. We put on our silk kimonos and off to Japan we went. Once we arrived we were surrounded by beautiful cherry blossoms,  the stunning green grass and the traditional home that was designed with open spaces and wooden columns. Laughter was our top priority. My brothers dressed up as Sumo wrestlers and gave her a show. We ended the night with a delicious home cooked Japanese meal made by my sister and I. We also made sure to take photos with Samurai warriors and adorable Panda bears.
            Music and dance was everything to her. Next on our journey had to be her home town,  Samoa. We changed into our matching floral print attire and boarded the hyperloop for another awesome experience. Grandma Flo used this travel time to tell us stories about her life on the Island. Samoa's climate is hot and humid with warm and tropical weather.  It is a good thing the hyperloop is not affected by weather. Since the hyperloop was created to go places at unexpected speed we got to Samoa faster then we thought.
          Faith, family and music is the way of living in Samoa. We were greeted by the angelic sounds of the local church choir. We were so shocked to see faces that resembled ours.  Our large family was very generous. The bond we created was very important to her. We were able to get a glimpse of how she lived. All of the stories she told us came to life. A ceremony was held in honor of her. Afterwards,  we watched the twinkle in her eyes as we danced the night away.
         Finally,  we boarded the hyperloop and our adventure ended. As we laid her comfortably in her bed we took the flower from her ear and gave her hugs and kisses.  We gathered around, held hands and said a little prayer. Her eyelids became heavy, her breath became slow and our eyes full of tears. We were so grateful for the series of events and tiny miracles the hyperloop provided.
      In the end we all loved grandma Flo.  Our last moment's with her were so focused on laughter and happiness that distracted us from her illness. When I grow up I want to make a difference in life. Finding a cure for cancer,  maybe even being the President. I want to make my grandma Flo proud. I also want to make sure my grandmother is always remembered!

This is the cute little essay my daughter Keleece wrote.  FYI it had to be about the hyperloop and some kind of struggle this family went through.  It could be fictional so of course she put a twist to her essay.  I love this. I blogged it to have it for memories.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment